So I’m home alone for the week, it’s tipping it down outside and I’m horrendously bored of watching crime shows on TV and so I thought I’d bake, I mean what else is there to do?! I started off with good intentions, honest, with something simple like Flapjacks or Brownies but somehow I found myself on a wonderful website that was full of delicious looking recipes including this, the Triple Chocolate Caramel Butterscotch Bread!
First step, ingredients! The only things I needed to pick up was sour cream, caramel ice cream sauce and the chocolate drops; the rest of the ingredients are generally considered staples of any baker’s cupboard…
– 170g butter, softened
– 300g caster sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract
– 80ml sour cream
– 120ml boiling water
– 225g flour
– 64g cocoa powder
– 1tsp baking powder
– Caramel ice cream sauce
– Milk chocolate drops
– White chocolate drops
– Dark chocolate drops
01. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
02. In a mixing bowl beat the butter and the sugar together until creamy.
03. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
04. Beat in the vanilla extract, sour cream and boiling water.
05. Slowly add the flour, cocoa powder and the baking soda.
06. Mix completely and then add some of the chocolate drops.
07. Line the loaf tin with parchment paper.
08. Pour batter in to the pan and bake in the oven for roughly 60 minutes.
09. Allow to cool.
10. Spoon caramel on top and press the remaining drops on top.
I realised halfway through that it’s incredibly hard to take photos one handed so after a few blurry ones I gave up; fast forward to after an hour in the oven, a further two hours until it had cooled completely and a good sprinkling of chocolate drops later we get the finished product!
It’s even yummier than it looks….